Macan Porsche Service in Ann Arbor
Porsche’s wildly successful launch of the Cayenne SUV in 2002 as a 2003 Model year put Porsche on the map as the premiere builder of Sport SUV’s. It was only logical that Porsche would build on that reputation by creating another great Sport SUV, resulting in the birth of the Macan. By then the criticisms of Porsche building an off-road vehicle had all but disappeared and the Macan has had nothing but praise since its debut.
Want to improve the life of your Porsche Macan?
Macan’s have proven to be extremely durable and provide their owners with a tremendous driving experience well past 100,000 miles. Remembering to schedule regular maintenance on your Macan is important to maintain performance and reliability.
Common Macan Maintenance Checks Besides Regular Service
- Leaky rear washer. If you’re experiencing this, a simple part replacement will resolve your issue.
- False alarms. If your alarm suddenly starts making sounds, it’s time to bring your Macan in for a reflash. With our Porsche factory PIWIS system, this is a fairly straightforward solution.
- Side mirror adjusts up on reversing instead of down. If you experience this it’s something you can easily resolve yourself by putting your Macan in reverse and adjusting the mirror to desired position. If you’re still having difficulty, bring it to us and we can resolve this, typically at no charge.
- Trailer control module draining battery. If you experience this, it’s just like the alarm issue above. Bring it in to us for a reflash on our Porsche factory PIWIS system.
- Fuel filler door will not open when vehicle is unlocked. If your Macan exhibits this behavior it can be either a reflash or a part replacement as it’s related to the auto-lock system.
- Fuel Odor. Fine hairline cracks can appear after an extended period of use on the filter flange of the fuel pump on affected vehicles. If the fine hairline cracks do occur, a very small quantity of fuel may seep out, causing a fuel odor. This is a factory recall, so consult your dealer for a free of charge repair.
Find an ASE Certified Mechanic
At Rennstatt, we employ only Porsche experienced ASE certified mechanics. Why does this matter? The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), sets the industry standard with their certification program. This includes testing in various automotive systems. In order to attain ASE Certification, technicians must complete a minimum of 2 years of qualified work experience and pass a challenging test for each certification.
To ensure that technicians are up-to-date on current systems and technologies, ASE Certified Technicians are required to prove their technical knowledge by retesting every 5 years to keep their certifications current.
Macan Porsche Service in Ann Arbor
At Rennstatt, we’re passionate about offering high-quality care for your Porsche. Our Porsche specialists have many years’ experience working on both air cooled and water cooled cars and are ASE certified.
Our Porsche Service roots go back to 1978 and your Porsche is our shared focus. Our experienced Porsche technicians work to ensure that your vehicle is performing at its best. We employ the latest in Porsche factory diagnostic technology with our PIWIS (Porsche Integrated Workshop System) allowing us to properly repair any Porsche with OBD1 and OBD2, which includes your Macan.
If you’re interested in getting more information about our services, please call us at 734-761-1088, we’re happy to help you with your Porsche.